Welcome to the 2017 Winter Baseball Camp
The 2017 Winter baseball camp will provide new and exciting instruction techniques for players of the new millennium. Our curriculum has proven to be effective in teaching young players the entire game of baseball with emphasis on fundamentals and confidence in their ability. This years camps will be held on the George Sparky Anderson field at Ullman Stadium. Baseball games are to be played every day during the camp. On behalf of the "Lu Dawg" Baseball Staff, I invite you to have fun with us this Winter .
-CLU Head Baseball Coach
Hitting, Fielding, Sliding, Pitching, Throwing, Bunting, Base Running
Players to Receive:
-Excellent professional instruction on a personal level
-Certificate upon completion of camp
Players to Bring:
-Personal Bat (if desired)
Performance Nutrition Suggestions
The purpose of California Lutheran University’s (CLU) Performance Nutrition program is to familiarize campers and future student athletes with concepts related to nutrition as well as provide a basic understanding of how one's diet can impact athletic performance.
Just as top grade fuel is crucial to the performance of a sports car, nutrition is the cornerstone to optimal athletic training and performance. Poor eating habits can lead to sub-optimal results. Timing and a balance of nutrients from healthy recipes that ideally include a combination of carbohydrates, proteins and fluids will improve athlete performance..
- Start the day with breakfast – get the day started right!
- Most athletes will benefit from eating small amounts frequently, rather than trying to obtain all their calories in three major meals. Eat every 4-5 hours throughout the day.
- Drink even if you are not thirsty. By the time you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated.
- Drink something that tastes good. You’ll drink more.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks (coffee, sodas, tea) and alcohol since they cause dehydration.